Learn to Use GARI
STEP 1 – Select a Manufacturer or Device: Search for a phone by manufacturer, device type or accessibility needs. When you are ready, click on ‘Go To Next Step’ at the bottom of the page.
- Manufacturer: Search for a specific manufacturer or all manufacturers in GARI. Want to search through all available models? Leave the ‘Manufacturer’ menu set to ‘All.”
- Type of Device: Do you prefer a flip phone, candy bar or touch screen? Pick what kind of device you want by searching a particular style here.
- Make Selection: Search for the specific accessibility features you want.
STEP 2 – Select Accessibility Features: Choose the features you want in a mobile device. Then, click on ‘Search For Phone’ to view your search results.
- What Do I See? You’ll see all available features based on your selection. If you did not select a specific feature-set, you will see all accessible features.
- How Do I Know What Feature I Want? For more information on any of the features, move your mouse over the ‘?’. You can also click here for tips on selecting accessible features.
STEP 3 – Search Results: GARI will display phones that best match your search criteria. You can ‘View Details’ for a phone or ‘Compare Phones’ that are displayed.
- What Do I See? The phones that best match your search criteria are shown at the top of the page. Under each phone will be a ‘% Match’ that indicates how closely your search matches each phone .
- How Do I “Modify the Search Criteria?”: Click on the ‘Modify Search Criteria’ link at the top of the page to take you back to Step 1.
- What is “View Details?” You can view the full GARI accessibility report for the specific phone.
- How do I Compare Phones? Click “Compare” below the phones you’d like to compare (up to three at a time). Then, click “Compare Phones” at the bottom of the page.
- Can I “Print” this page? Yes, click on “Print” in the upper right hand corner of the screen.